Your home is your sanctuary, and you have the highest standards for the products you bring into your home. You expect them to be strong, durable, of exceptional quality, and above all, designed with the highest safety standards. At Horizons, we understand, and we’re here with gorgeous window treatments that meet all of your needs.
It probably won’t surprise you that cordless lift products are recommended for homes with children and pets. Because cordless and motorized control options remove standard operating cords, they’re a safer choice.
Explore our recommended lift options for new window treatments, and learn about other ways to design with safety in mind.
Cordless ONE Control®
Operated by a ring hidden behind the bottom hem, shades with Cordless ONE Controls eliminate dangling cords. It’s a beautiful, simple, and reliable way to raise and lower your shades that puts safety first.
Cordless ONE Controls are a FREE option available on all our Roman shades. Ask your Horizons dealer about Cordless One Controls today
Motorized control uses a simple one-touch remote for control from virtually anywhere in the home. Motorizing your shades eliminates cords for a sleek, high-tech choice.
Ask your Horizons dealer to show you motorized controls.
Other Safety Measures
The Window Covering Safety Council urges parents and caregivers to check all windows for potential cord hazards and use the following guidelines to ensure your home is safe:
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture, and toys away from windows and cords, preferably to another wall.
- Ensure tasseled pull cords are short and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall. Keep cords out of reach of young children by installing and using cord cleats.
- Cord stops must be properly installed and adjusted to limit the movement of inner lift cords.
- Lock cords into position whenever window treatments are lowered, including when they come to rest on a windowsill.
- Replace window treatments manufactured before 2001 with products that meet updated safety standards.
We’re here to help you create a space that’s both secure and comfortable. And, of course, styled just for you.